These volcano scrambled sentences will be a perfect addition to your classroom focus on volcanoes.
Download this set of volcano scrambled sentences to provide your students reading practice with a volcano theme.
This is another free resource for teachers and homeschool families from www.freewordwork.com.
Learning about volcanoes
This set of scrambled sentences can be a fun way to help your students practice sentence structure while they read about a high interest topic.
Not only will these sentences help your children with writing skills, they will also teach them about facts about volcanoes.
As an extension, you can have students write and create their own scrambled sentences. My students always have fun trading their own creations when they finish.
These volcano scrambled sentences
- What causes a volcano to erupt, and what are the dangers of living near one?
- Volcanoes can form islands, mountains, and beautiful natural landscapes.
- Eruptions can cause earthquakes, ash clouds, and devastating pyroclastic flows.
- Volcanic eruptions can impact global climate and cause changes in wetaher patterns.
- Volcanic ash can be used to make ceramics, glass, and even toothpaste!
- The Hawaiian Islands were formed by a chain of volcanic hotspots in the Pacific Ocean.
- There are over 500 active volcanoes on earth, and they are constantly changing.
- Some people believe that volcanoes are connected to ancient myths and legends.
- The Ring of Fire is a region of high volcanic and seismic activity around the Pacific.
- Volcanoes are fascinating and powerful natural phenomena that continue to shape our planet.
Creating your sentences
I like to print each sentence on a different color of card stock. This makes for easier sorting.
When finished, I laminate the sentences for durability and then cut them apart.
You can download these free sentences by clicking on the blue pencil below:
Need an option that includes explanations of each word? This list contains the meaning along with clues to help your students remember.