Use these spooky scrambled sentences to add a little spookiness to your reading centers.
Spooky scrambled sentences can be a fun way for students to practice forming more complex sentences.
These are another free resource for teachers and homeschool families from www.freewordwork.com.
Using this reading center
I like to print each sentence on a different color of cardstock. I then laminate the pages and cut apart the words. This makes for easy sorting!
Students choose a sentence. They then work to put all of the words in a sentence that makes sense.
You can have them check with a friend or take a picture for you to check later.
I do find that some sentences require working with the students. These definitely provide a challenge for all reading abilities! Often students will work in pairs or small groups.
Spooky scrambled sentences
You will find the following sentences for students to unscramble:
- The ghostly figure sent shivers down spines as it entered through the creaky old door.
- A shadowy figure slowly emerged from the mist in the eerie moonlight.
- Mysterious whispers echoed from the haunted mansion’s attic amidst the darkness.
- Through the fog, the ancient cemetery revealed forgotten tombstones and secrets.
- Beneath the full moon, the graveyard seemed alive with ghostly apparitions.
- The haunted forest concealed its chilling secrets.
- With a flicker, the lantern revealed the ghostly face in the mirror.
- Hidden in the shadows, a pair of glowing eyes watched their every move.
- Amidst the silence the rusty gate creaked open by itself.
You can download this free center by clicking on the blue pencil below:
Thank you for visiting freewordwork.com! All of the resources provided are free for classroom and home use. Resources may not be sold or modified and sold. Please send me a message if you have any questions.